Topic #2: Gateways to Inclusion: Turn Tense Moments into Productive Conversations
What Is the Purpose of This Program?
To provide the skills needed to convert moments of diversity-related tension into better working relationships.
Why Is This Program Needed?
Have you ever been offended by someone’s comments but didn’t know what to do about it? Or, maybe you said something insensitive yourself and didn’t know how to take it back. If so, welcome to the crowd.
Unfortunately, moments like these of diversity-related tension are all-too-common. Sadly, they cause confusion, embarrassment, anger, lost work time, hurt feelings, and resentment – the list goes on and on.
The good news is: It doesn’t have to be that way. If handled properly, these events can serve as gateways to increased understanding and better working relationships. That’s why Sondra calls these “Gateway Events.”
What Does This Program Cover?
- A survey of the types of moments of tension that can be resolved if the proper skills are applied.
- Skills to manage the emotions that block our ability to dialogue with respect and clarity.
- Guidance on how to set productive goals for each conversation – and how to achieve those goals.
- How to handle the dilemma of intent versus impact.
- How to make the kind of respectful verbal choices that encourage rather than shut down productive conversation.
How Will You Benefit from This Program?
- Management time saved from having to intervene in diversity-related conflicts.
- Increased teamwork and workplace harmony.
- Less tension among team members.
- Increased employee retention as a result of an increased atmosphere of respect.
- Reduced risk of employee complaints and litigation.
Can This Program Be Customized?:
Yes, Dr. Thiederman will work closely with you to assure that the presentation speaks directly to your needs and goals.
Where Can I Read What Sondra Had Written on Gateway Events?
Click on these titles to learn more about Gateway Events:
The “Gateways to Inclusion” presentation is based on Sondra’s training video Gateways to Inclusion: Turning Tense Moments into Productive Conversations. Click on the title to learn more about how this training package can support your diversity and inclusion efforts.
Please contact us here or call 619-583-4478 to find out how Sondra can develop a presentation that is perfect for your event or webinar.