In addition to her professional speaking, Sondra is available in other ways to help your organization face the complexities of unconscious bias even in the face of COVID-19.
VIRTUAL PROGRAM FACILITATOR: YOUR D&I SOLUTION IN TIMES OF COVID-19
Are you concerned about allowing COVID-19 to cost you the momentum of your D&I efforts? Are you looking for ways to send the message that D&I and bias reduction are important even — or especially — in times of crises? Consider hiring Sondra to facilitate — using your technology — involving and practical virtual programs for your team no matter where they are. Her virtual programs on how to defeat unconscious bias offer the same knowledge and specific tools as her in-person programs.
As a Virtual Program Facilitator, Sondra Commits to:
- Designing a program to meet your individual organizational needs and goals.
- Employing techniques to assure participant engagement and learning.
- Rehearsing with the technology to assure a trouble-free event.
- Providing PowerPoint slides for use during the presentation and for loading to your internal website following the event.
- Being available following the virtual program to answer (via telephone or e-mail) any additional questions the participants or client might have.
EXPERT PANELIST and/or MODERATOR
Have you considered using a panel of experts at your next meeting to discuss unconscious bias or diversity issues? A panel of in-house and external experts is a great way to get across your diversity/inclusion message. Sondra is available to sit alongside your in-house experts to bring to the discussion her extensive knowledge and experience. The balance of first-hand knowledge of your corporate culture with Sondra’s experience and moderating skills will make for a lively and persuasive discussion.
As a Panelist, Sondra Commits to:
- Working closely with your team to assess goals and objectives.
- Engaging in telephone conversations with the other panels to carefully plan format and responsibilities.
- Learning as much as possible about the composition and needs of the program participants.
Would you benefit from Sondra Thiederman coaching your in-house trainers on how to facilitate unconscious bias and diversity/inclusion training? The ability to effectively facilitate programs on unconscious bias and diversity/inclusion requires a careful balance of knowledge, self-awareness, sensitivity, and communication skills. Because of her extensive experience, Sondra has the ability to bring out the unique abilities of your in-house trainers.
While Training Trainers, Sondra Commits to:
- Working to fully understand the goals of the training.
- Designing a train-the-trainer strategy that is appropriate to those goals.
- Functioning in a way that increases the confidence and skills of in-house trainers.
- Providing tools that will allow trainers to handle delicate training room situations, answer difficult questions, identify and communicate appropriate examples/stories, and elicit trainee participation.
- Being available by phone to assist the trainers as they roll-out the program.
CO-TRAINER WITH IN-HOUSE STAFF
Would your diversity/inclusion efforts benefit from co-training with Sondra Thiederman? On occasion, clients find it helpful to partner with Sondra to co-train vital diversity/inclusion or unconscious bias material. The combination of corporate and industry familiarity with broad diversity/inclusion experience is often the key to getting the message across.
When Co-Training, Sondra Commits to:
- Working closely with your staff to understand your goals and objectives.
- Learning pertinent details about your corporate culture and program participants.
- Cooperating with the in-house trainer to identify the appropriate division of facilitation roles.
PROGRAM DESIGN CONSULTANT
Do you need assistance designing your unconscious bias training? Although Sondra most often brings her own material into the organizations she serves, she sometimes works with clients to custom design programs specific to their culture, challenges, and goals. Sondra is available to help with that develop and, in many cases, conduct train-the-trainer sessions designed to prepare your in-house team for the most effective delivery.
While Designing a Program, Sondra Commits to:
- Speaking extensively to your team to assess the goals and objectives of the training.
- Working with your team to understand your corporate culture and the nature of the end recipient of the program.
- Submitting material in a timely fashion.
- Participating in a reasonable number of revisions to assure the finest end product.